Due to its location along the banks of the Thu Bon River and the presence of several canals, Hoi An is regarded as the Venice of the East. It is without a doubt one of the world’s most enchanting towns. It is the only city in Vietnam where it bans motorbike some time during the day to preserve the peace of Hoi An. This is a lovely tour to see some of highlights of Hoi An walking tour – a UNESCO Heritage Site. Together with Premium Travel Vietnam, we will explore the charm, color, bustle, and vitality of Hoi An Ancient town, one of the most popular tourist sites in Vietnam.
- 1 HOI AN OLD TOWN HISTORY
- 2 WHAT’S HIGHLIGHTS FOR HOI AN CITY TOUR?
- 3 HOI AN HALF DAY TOUR ITINERARY
- 4 TIPS FOR HOI AN WALKING TOUR ITINERARY
- 5 HOW YOU ENJOY HOI AN ANCIENT TOWN TOUR?
- 6 HOI AN WALKING TOUR HALF DAY PRICE, INCLUSION, EXCLUSION?
- 7 HOW TO BOOK HOI AN ANCIENT TOWN TOUR?
HOI AN OLD TOWN HISTORY
As early as the second century BC, Hoi An was a significant port. At this time, Hoi An was a part of Champa Kingdom which flourished until 15th century. In the 16th century, Hoi An Town gained notoriety and flourished until 18th century as one of the most significant trading ports in Vietnam. Thus, the old town of Hoi An has been settled by the Chinese, Japanese, and Europeans, and evidence of their influence can be found there.
The fact that Hoi An old town with hundreds of ancient relics or the temples and homes erected by foreign traders who came to the area for trade but set up the culture exchange with local people. Hoi An now is not only popular with the old town but showcases the mixture of architecture, human and culture. All makes Hoi An a special town in Vietnam and worth making it a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999.
WHAT’S HIGHLIGHTS FOR HOI AN CITY TOUR?
Japanese traders who came to trade in Hoi An in the early 17th century constructed the Japanese covered Bridge. Lord Nguyen Phuc Chu used the bridge, also known as the Japanese Bridge or the Lai Vien Bridge when he traveled to Hoi An in 1719. Lai Vien Bridge means the Bridge for far away friends.
FUJIAN ASSEMBLY HALL
The Fujian Hoi An Assembly Hall was built in 1697 with the intention of honoring the God of the Sea, and God of Wealth. The assembly hall has historically been served as a gathering place for Hokkien residents and business owners in Hoi An.
TAN KY ANCIENT HOUSE
The home was erected by the owner of Tan Ky family in the late 18th century, and where the Le family has been living for seven generations. The front of the home opens to Nguyen Thai Hoc Street to open a store, and the back opens to Bach Dang Street so that the family could import commodities from merchant boats.
Tan Ky ancient house is made by artisans with the most skillful hands in the famous Kim Bong carpentry village of Quang Nam province. The motifs, patterns, and structures on the house all carry meanings, messages, and Eastern philosophies.
The house combines elements of Japanese, Chinese, and Vietnamese design and becomes a must see place when visiting Hoi An.
HOI AN MARKET
Hoi An Market is located in the center of the old town, at the intersection of Tran Phu, Bach Dang, and Nguyen Thai Hoc streets. Contrary to the peaceful, quiet appearance of Hoi An old toưn, Hoi An market is always bustling with buyers and sellers. This is also a street food paradise for food lovers. When coming to Hoi An, let’s take your time to explore this central Hoi An market.
HOI AN HALF DAY TOUR ITINERARY
In the morning, our local guide will come to meet you up from your hotel lobby. We then start to walk to the old town for Hoi An walking tour. The guide will briefly introduce the history of Hoi An Ancient town then we will include some of Hoi An’s highlights such as the Fukian Assembly Hall, Tan Ky ancient commercial house, Japanese covered Bridge, Phung Hung ancient trading house.
In addition, we also pay a visit to a local marketplace, an excellent area where you can witness local lives of Hoi An people. This is also a food market where you can try some of Hoi An’s local dishes.
Finally, we then take you to the traditional house of dance and performance of Hoi An and enjoy some featured dancing of the local artists.
End the tour is to return to your hotel.
TIPS FOR HOI AN WALKING TOUR ITINERARY
- You will have a lot of walking here and thus you should wear comfortable shoes as well as light clothes. Remember to drink lots of water for proper hydration.
- This is a budget city, make sure you have some change to purchase some small things.
- The town is closed for motorbikes from 8:30 a.m till 10:30 a.m and from 15:30 p.m till 17:30 p.m and from 18:00 p.m till 21:00 p.m
- With one ticket buying, as a foreigner, you can choose 5 places of interests to visit
- Hoi An people live on business and religious so avoid NOT to buy in early morning
- The town of Hoi An can be packed with locals and tourists in peak seasons and holidays ect
HOW YOU ENJOY HOI AN ANCIENT TOWN TOUR?
- The city’s historic area of Old Town Hoi An, is renowned for being an extraordinarily well-preserved example of a Southeast Asian commercial port, with its structures and street layout displaying a fusion of local and international elements.
- Discover Hoi An’s ancient town’s winding streets.
- Visit the temples and historic homes while strolling through the ancient town.
HOI AN WALKING TOUR HALF DAY PRICE, INCLUSION, EXCLUSION?
As you are planing for your Hoi An Walking Tour with the best price, let’s choose Premium Travel Vietnam. For more details and assistance, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp Mr. Viet (Travel Manager) at 0084 979613777. We are honored to serve you and always at your service 24/7.
- Entrance ticket
- English Guide
- Pick up & drop off
- Personal expenses
- Soft drinks and beers
- Travel insurance
THINGS TO BRING
- Sun protection cream
- Fully charged cameras
- Insect spray
- Tour itinerary can be customized to suit your needs and requirements…
- The tour price can be adjusted in peak seasons, Tet Holidays…
- The tour can be cancelled/changed depending on bad weather, unexpected circumstances (typhoons, flooding…)
HOW TO BOOK HOI AN ANCIENT TOWN TOUR?
So, if you come to Da Nang or Hoi An city, Vietnam and would like to have Hoi An Walking Tour, do not hesitate to contact us:
Premium Travel Vietnam Co., Ltd
100 Tran Van Du street, My An ward, Ngu Hanh Son district, Da Nang city
International Tour Operator License No: 48-281/2022/TCDL – GPLHQT
Whatsapp Mr. Viet at 0084 979613777
We will definitely make your trip with us an enjoyable one.